It’s hard to beat Prince Edward County when it comes to weddings.
- A beautiful setting on Lake Ontario that’s easy to get to from Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal. (map)
- A place that’s compact enough to navigate.
- County florists, photographers, dj’s, and officiants close at hand.
- Plenty of places for guests to stay and things for them to see and do
- Noted for its local food, wine, beer and cider
Henriette Labelle- Campbell knows a thing or two about weddings. She has helped over 400 couples plan their special day at Prince Edward County’s Waring House Inn and Cookery. Labelle- Campbell says many who book the Waring House are from Toronto, Peterborough, Kingston, Ottawa or Montreal. “Most know the type of wedding they want, they just need a plan.” Campbell says one of the best things couples can do when they first begin to plan is to ask a lot of questions. She does the same:
- Do you know how many guests you want to invite?
- Will there be children?
- Do you want a cash or open bar?
- Would you prefer a buffet meal or plate meal?
- Do you plan to serve wine with dinner?
- Will there be dancing?
- Will there be a late night meal service?
- Do you have a budget?
“You may not have all the answers to questions like these, says Labelle-Campbell, “but they’re a good place to start because they give you a framework to create your special day. Our role at the Waring House is to help you customize your plan to suit your tastes and your budget.”
Check out The Waring House Storybook Country Wedding page for more details and watch Lindsay & Chris’ BEAUTIFUL Love Story Wedding video for inspiration.
The Waring House Inn & Cookery is a favourite Prince Edward County wedding location. 98% of couples who book the inn have their ceremony outdoors in the inn’s beautiful gardens. A favourite place to exchange vows is in the garden gazebo. Receptions are held in the Waring House Hall. The chef sources his ingredients at local Prince Edward County producers and farms. The County is also known for its wineries, brewery, and cider house. The inn’s Vineyard Cottage is where most newlyweds choose to stay. New premium hot tubs suites are popular with wedding parties and the live music in the Barley Room is always a hit.