IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION
At this time Ontario remains in stage 3 of reopening as it faces the Delta-driven fourth wave. This includes maintaining indoor masking and not expanding capacity limits in any setting at this time.
At Waring House, please wear a mask in any indoor public space – while traversing the restaurant or any lobbies, hallways or seating areas. Capacity in public areas is posted in keeping with government legislation.
Please cooperate with the contact tracing and COVID symptom / contact questions which we are required to conduct.
Due to staffing shortage, we have little or no outdoor dining available as we are unable to staff for both. We continue to have indoor seating as social distancing allows.
Also, due to staff shortages, we will have one menu throughout the inn and the Chef continues to offer some finer dining choices, in addition to gastro pub fair. The menu is the same, whether you are seated in the pub or dining room.
We encourage in house guests to make reservations for dinner as seating is limited due to COVID restrictions. Also, due to staff shortage, we are temporarily closed on Thursdays to give staff time off. Take out is available from 5:00,pm-8:00,pm Thursdays by calling the pub at 613-476-7492 x 2650 or press 5.
As of September 22, 2021:
Proof of vaccination and ID is required before entry to the restaurant. Accepted forms of ID:
Government issued ID card, including health card, Indigenous status card, passport, permanent resident card. (NAME and DOB to match vaccine receipt)
1. Please show the host/hostess your vaccination receipt proving you have received 2 full doses of vaccines authorized by Health Canada ( i.e Pfizer, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson (1 dose) ) or a combination of doses of COVID-19 Vaccines authorized by Health Canada
2. Confirm the receipt that your second or single dose (Johnson & Johnson) was on or before September 8th for September 22 admissions for 14 days prior to the date of admission.
a. Present an appropriate ID card and a health care practitioners note to show medical exemption from vaccination (eg. allergy ); we accept a doctor’s note on letterhead simply stating the person is exempt from vaccination for medical reasons as of Sept. 22, 2021
b. Age 11 or younger and therefore ineligible for vaccines as of Sept 22, 2021
4. All Ontarians can print or download their vaccination receipt from the provincial booking portal by clicking download vaccination receipts.
5. If you received your vaccination out of province or have a red and white health card and/or can’t print off your vaccine receipt for any reason, contact the Provincial Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900
6. Individuals visiting from outside of the province or country must show their proof of full vaccination and identification to be admitted.
7. If you are staying at Waring House we will check your vaccination status and confirm your identity from proper ID on arrival and give you a card saying they are verified and you can show this at the restaurant / meeting hall / wedding/ event/funeral entrance for your convenience during your stay.
8. At weddings, funeral, rites between September 22nd and October 14th, if not doubly vaccinated a person must show a negative rapid antigen test from within 48 hours prior to the event and the rapid antigen test must be privately purchased. (Suggest you bring the purchase receipt)
9. As of October 22nd Ontario will develop and implement an enhanced vaccine certificate with a unique QR code and accompanying verification app that will be used to securely and safely verify their vaccination status when scanned, as well as a verification app to allow businesses to read the QR Code
10. Enforcement will be conducted by by-law officers, Ministry of Labour, Training, Skills Development inspections with warnings and education initially. It is anticipated patrons and business owners will be subject to fines for contravening the government regulation eventually